Sunday, February 13, 2005

This Means War!

Okay, I am sure that some of you may have noticed, but FIRE, the prominent "bipartisan" (Haha, bipartisan) organization promoting freedom of speech on campus, has STOLEN my blog name! Their new blog "The Torch" is designed for this purpose:

"This blog represents FIRE’s decisive step into the daily debate over academic freedom and individual liberty on campus. While our work has had national impact, recent events—such as the Ward Churchill case and the ongoing controversies at Columbia and Harvard —demonstrate the need for FIRE’s unique nonpartisan voice in the blogosphere."

Ridiculous? Yes. Stupid? Absolutely. Essentially the exact same thing I am trying to do? No, not really, but they frick'n STOLE MY NAME! Let's see when their first 'official blog post' was. Oh, I see when it was: February 8, 2005! That gave them one whole week to steal my blog name and use it as their own! ONE WHOLE WEEK TO STEAL MY BLOG NAME! I hope they know what this means. Obviously, it means nothing less than war.

You hear me, you thieves?! This means WAR! If you don't link me for a ton of hits I am so gonna do something rash and probably fail miserably! Yes, now it's sinking in. The guilt has hit you, hasn't it? How does it feel to know you stole my blog name? Do you feel creative? Clever? I know you sure don't look like you are either creative or clever, or honest non-thieves, for that matter! How do you sleep at night?! YOU STOLE MY BLOG NAME!

That's right, I'm calling you out! This is a travesty, a sham, and a mockery of intellectual property rights and ethics alike. You STOLE MY BLOG NAME! HOW DARE YOU?! Oh, how I hate you, FIRE! (Seriously, though, I love what you guys do over there and I hope you do well. in the near future. Keep up the good work.) I don't care if you're a bunch of lawyers and I'm just a quasi-intellectual high school conservative, you will fall! You should be ashamed of yourselves!

GIVE ME BACK MY BLOG NAME! (I'll change it if you link me. I mean this seriously. I really was here first and I would appreciate something in return of you taking the title of my blog.) YOU SHALL PERISH AT MY HAND, FIRE! THIEVES! LIARS! You better do what you need to do if you want to make this right. It's a crime against me; a crime against ethics; a crime against children; a crime against puppies; and a crime against humanity. Give me my blog name back! ::shakes fist::

Powered by Blogger